Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Illustration Friday: Deja Vu!

Have you heard of Super Meat Boy? My son, Simon, has been playing the video game like crazy recently. I'm not a gamer myself - but I've watched Simon play quite a bit and I have to admit, its a pretty wild concept. Its hard to drag your eyes away from the carnage of a little red cube of meat being slaughtered in a splash of blood over and over as he tries to dodge all manner of deadly buzzing saws.

IF.DejaVu.detail

When I looked at last week's Illustration Friday word, "deja vu", it made me think of Super Meat Boy... how he must surely experience a feeling of deja vu each time he leaps and zips past the blood stains left behind by his earlier incarnations.

Does he have a vague feeling of distress... does he realize he's been by here before and didn't succeed in rescuing Bandage Girl... ?

IF.DejaVu

More of my Illustration Friday illustrations here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, great picture! I love it :)

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your speculation as it attracts people's attention and make this topic discussable.
recurring yeast infections