Pages

Monday, November 28, 2005

Simon's Sketchbook Sundays


Wendy spent the weekend "decluttering" Simon's room. This was akin to those giant bulldozers you see pushing piles of trash around a landfill site while seagulls skreetch and wheel in giant circles overhead. I'm not kidding. The pets were getting lost in the debris.

Something else that almost got lost in the debris was this page, along with the rest of Si's art sketch book from school. I rescued it from the recycling bin so the world could enjoy Simon's take on what must be some rappers. I didn't get a chance to ask him (but I will) who these guys are. With older son Dunc's interest in turntabling we have a lot of related magazines like Scratch laying around and for all I know this might be somebody from an article in there.

I'll let you know when I find out!

4 comments:

Doug said...

these are great!

steve said...

Have you ever seen the turntablist documentary "Scratch"? The dvd is well worth the $. Check out "Style Wars" too if you get a chance. I'd lend 'em to ya but it'sa bit of a hike from VA to anywhere in Canada.

leifpeng said...

As a matter of fact, yes - i have seen it, Steve and you're right, it is worth the $s. No need to hike all the way up here ;-)

steve said...

Oh,good then. Now I can save that money I originally put away for power bars and hiking shoes and get that new Blackalicious cd.